Steron Locksmiths Limited – Terms & Conditions
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, any contract or sale between Steron Locksmiths Limited (hereafter called The company) and a Customer, the following standard conditions shall apply. Any alternative conditions indicated by a Customer Purchase Order shall be superseded, unless agreed in writing.
- Quotation & Acceptance:
The company reserves the right to amend or adjust pricing or reject orders after 7 days, although quotations will normally remain valid for 30 calendar days from submission. The company reserves the right to reject any Purchase Order on the grounds that it is unable to fulfil the order due to market conditions or availability of product.
- Price & Delivery:
- All prices quoted are exclusive of UK VAT, carriage and insurance unless otherwise stated
- Delivery estimates are provided as a guide. The company will take reasonable steps to ensure delivery of goods within the time indicated. The company accept no liability whatsoever for failure to deliver within the estimated delivery time.
- The company reserves the right to deliver more than one consignment on multiple items, and to invoice separately.
- Should a Customer request to delay or withhold the delivery for any reason, the company reserves the right to invoice for the goods at the original delivery date requested, which in turn will also be the commencement of the warranty period.
- Payment Terms:
- Unless agreed formally via an application for credit, all goods and services must be paid for on completion.
- Products ordered on behalf of The Customer, that is not normally held in stock will require a 50% deposit of the sale value unless agreed in advance.
- Payment terms on application for a credit account will be held on file and apply strictly from the date of invoice. The company reserves the right to apply a 12.5% late payment interest charge for any invoices exceeding payment terms.
- The company shall be entitled to withhold goods or services until overdue payments have been made.
- Repeated failure to pay invoices within the credit terms may result in terms being suspended or the account being withdrawn at The company’s discretion.
- Any unpaid invoices more than 30 days past the Customer credit term may be referred to an external debt collection agent at the discretion of The company. This includes referral to County and High Court Enforcement levels without extended mediation
- Force Majeure:
If the Company is prevented from, delayed in, or hindered (whether wholly or in part) in performance of any contract, or in compliance with any condition or performance of any warranty given by; strike, lockout, trade dispute, act of god, war, riot, explosion, fire, shortage of materials, labour or transport or fuel, or without limiting the generality of the foregoing by other cause or consequence outside the Company’s direct control whether affecting its own business or that of any supplier or subcontractor, the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage (direct, indirect or consequential) to the Customer or any third party.
- Title of Goods:
The property in the form of goods shall not pass to the Customer until full payment for such goods is fully received by the Company. The goods remain entirely at the customer’s risk after delivery (or on proof of POD) by the company or its assigned agent, whether or not the goods have passed to the Customer.
The Company shall be entitled to immediate re-delivery of goods any time after the due date for payment or such due date in case of occurrence of any of the following events, namely:
- Appointment of a receiver or liquidator over assets of the Customer, or
- Bankruptcy of the Customer (if an individual or partnership), or
- The Customer being unable to meet its debts in the normal course of business and for the purpose of such recovery and/or resale of the goods the Company shall be entitled and the Customer hereby grants the Company, its officers, servants or agent, a licence (which will be binding upon the Customer’s liquidator, receiver or trustee in bankruptcy (as appropriate), to enter upon the premises of the Customer during normal business hours and to remove goods from the Customer’s premises.
The company warrants all goods supplied with 12 months from the original purchase, by the original purchaser unless specified, goods supplied by the company which prove defective through normal and expected use.
The Company, at its discretion may choose to rectify, repair or replace goods supplied, having discretion to change like for like goods if so desired or necessary.
On the first warranty claim, goods may be replaced and fitted free of charge by the Company. Subsequent warranty claims or recalls to attend completed works may incur either or both associated labour or goods costs. On inspection of subsequent warranty claims, this will be advised before any claim is processed or remedial action provided by the Company
Any Company goods and services will be exempt from warranty claims if failure is due any of the following conditions:
- Customer / User misuse: Accidental, wilful, malicious or deliberate damage
- Failure due to direct or none direct or mechanical or structural faults (including subsidence)
- Any act of force majeure
- In the instance that remedial work advised to the Customer required was not carried out at the time goods were supplied and, or fitted.
- In the event that goods have been tampered with, altered, moved or changed by anyone other than the Company
In the event these any of these conditions apply, the Company will advise the Customer why any warranty claim is void or why labour or goods costs will apply. The Company at its discretion reserves the right to review and alter these limited warranty terms at any point.
Good supplied by the customer for fitting are exempt from any warranty claim unless the customer can show The Company fitted items incorrectly.
- Return of Goods:
- Goods supplied from Company stock, at the discretion of the Company may be returned on a case by case basis. A restock fee of up to 50% of the sale price may be levied against any items returned from the point of sale with 30 days of purchase
- Any goods supplied from stock by The Company over 30 days will not be accepted for return unless defective or incorrectly supplied by The Company
- Goods ordered on behalf of a customer are none returnable, unless faulty, or by express written agreement of The Company.
- Goods ordered on behalf of a customer, but cancelled before delivery will carry a 50% restock fee, equivocal to the deposit paid.
- The Company reserves the right to amend these terms & conditions at any time
- The Company will notify the Customer of any changes in writing
- If the Customer does not approve any of the amended terms & conditions and wishes to end this agreement, it must do so in writing (by registered post) within 30 calendar days of receiving the notice of changes. In the event no correspondence is received, it will be presumed that conditions are effective from the said date.
The terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted according to the laws of England& Wales and parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts